|HOW TO JOIN|
Auxiliary Police is an equal opportunity volunteer program. Everyone is welcome, as long as they meet the following basic requirements.
Applicants must be:
- At least 17 years of age.
- Live or work in NYC.
- Good Health.
- Physically Fit.
- Able to read and write English.
- Has never been convicted of a felony or has a previous arrest record that would prevent acceptance.
- Citizen of the United States, or permanent resident or possess a valid visa issued by Immigration and Naturalization Service.
Applicants must also remember:
- This program is Volunteer in nature, we do NOT get paid.
- Members do not possess Peace or Police Officer powers.
- Members are expected to perform 126 hours a year of volunteer service.
- Members undergo one year of probation. During which if you are found not fit to be in the program, you can be terminated.
- Members undergo an extended background check including fingerprinting.
The next class will be announced on our frontpages news section. If you have any more questions please call 718-627-6628, between the hours of 6pm - 10pm.
Joining Other Commands
If you are interested in joining a command outside the 61st PCT, or have any other general questions you can call the official auxiliary police hotline at 212-AUX-1000.
To learn more about what the 61st pct unit is all about, pleas visit the "About Section" by clicking on the link above. You may also click on the "F.A.Q." section link above to get more information on frequirentely asked about being an auxiliary police officer and other topics.
Hosted at LFC Hosting
Site Best Viewed in Internet Explorer 4.0+ and 800x600 Resolution.